Friday, February 1, 2013

Furniture Friday...Vintage Dining Set Before & After


I wanted to go back to a piece I did  while ago...for my friend Renee.  Renee has a very cool...vintage hip style.  She saw the potential in this old table in need of some LOVE.


Her husband is a cattle man...and loading this up in a cattle trailer to deliver to my shop on our dairy...well, really is THE only way to go!!


You can see this was still in great condition and has BEAUTIFUL legs!!!


There were only two remaining original chairs...but, that is all Renee needed.  (If you ever need more...I LOVE fitting in mis-matched chairs...matchy-matchy is NO FUN!!!


Shame on me for not getting in any pictures of my process (learning as I go...ALWAYS take pictures now!)  I prepped the wood and cleaned it...a few coats of a classic black, distressed it and cleared it.  

Renee picked that fabulous fabric from Pottery Barn...it was even more beautiful in person!  I really tried to get Renee to leave this here...for me...no shot!  She did however, invite me over for coffee...she enjoys her coffee at this table most mornings.  

I love this before and after.  Not only because she is a friend of mine and this was in her family...but, it shows that you don't have to spend a TON of money at a high end furniture store to get the look you want.  A spruce up of something you love...something that has been in your family (or something you found at a yard sale from ANOTHER family) will add character to your home.

Linking and partying with....

http://designdininganddiapers.com/

Skip To My Lou

Inside BruCrew Life


I hope you all have a fabulous weekend...

Love & Junk~
Julie

9 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS! Looks so pretty Julie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog!! Seeing these before & after pics never gets old... Makes me tear up a lil bit seeing the table just the way my Grandma had loved it for YEARS! And now I get to treasure it for years to come! I'm still in love with it as much today as the day you sent it back to me! Thanks again for working your magic, Julie! It's absolutely perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, Renee...thank YOU for letting me work on something so special to you. I LOVE this table myself. It makes my heart happy when you can keep something that means so much to you...but, make it a little more "you" and fit your home.

    XOXO
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this table set!! Enjoying your blog and all you share! Glad to have found you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously, you transported the furniture as is? Lucky there wasn't any damage at all! The driver must be incredibly good. Anyway, if ever the woodwork earned scratches, it wouldn't be a big problem, right? It is more likely to add a distressed look to the furniture. Pedro@Orbit

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wonder what your reaction will be should these furniture be delivered to you with some scratches. They are all a classic piece, so it requires extra care to transport to your shop. The chairs look magnificent to me, by the way. They were vintage but you can still feel the modernity with the design of the cushion.

    Renea Luong @ Legacy

    ReplyDelete
  7. With its distinctive red-orange roof and prime setting beside the most traveled roadway in Florida, the impressive Tui Lifestyle Main Showroom. High End Furniture Store TUI Lifestyle is the best.

    ReplyDelete