Monday, February 4, 2013

Motivation For Your Monday...Start Small!


 photo 9af9cdf0-c6f9-4b11-b804-51d3a4d89d63_zpsefef281c.jpg



Here is my motivation....yep, and old barn.  My girls and I passed it today, as we do everyday when we go for our walk.  It is my reminder...and motivates me.

Why?  Well, my business name is "The Vintage Barn."  "The Vintage"...comes form...well, loving vintage finds and cool vintage furniture, vintage signs....blah, blah, blah...you get the picture.  

 photo 1837c2b0-6467-4dc2-8a19-11f00cd463e1_zpsf3f71149.jpg

The "Barn"  part came from my husband being a dairy farmer...and well, THIS barn!  I have big plans for this barn.   It is a beautiful, worn greyish blue, is huge and is screaming for someone to breathe some life into her.  Someday, Julie...someday!

As for today...I am happy to keep plugging away in my own little craft room.  My motivation for the immediate future (next few months and year) is to improve the look and feel of my booth at upcoming events.  I LOVE making the little spaces feel like rooms in a home...my home or your home.  I want to help give my shoppers ideas...whether they buy something of mine or go home and transform something of their own!

I just keep plugging away at my dream...I'm sure you do, too!  Start small...I am sure you have heard, "Rome wasn't built in a day."  It wasn't.  

I hope you have a FABULOUS week!!  I have a fun transformation tomorrow...some cool pictures of the dairy and a DELICIOUS recipe later in the week.  Come back!


Love & Junk~
Julie


  











6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Stacey! LOVE your APPLE work this week...FABULOUS!

      Delete
  2. Your right, Julie, keep movin along workin toward that goal! Thanks for the inspiration!

    Jenna @ http://rainonatinroof.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pep talk - thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all need a pep talk now and then!!! Have a great week!!!

      Julie

      Delete