Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Transformation Tuesday...Kristen's Turquoise Buffet


I have been so lucky lately on the furniture hunt!

 photo a62e8576-afc5-4ef7-96b8-d14d9ae67460_zps73ccb042.jpg

This vintage buffet was in perfect condition when I found her...beautiful wood!


 photo 2013-03-16_09-49-07_719_zpse1f5954d.jpg

However, I was on a mission for a buffet for my friend Kristen...who requested TURQUOISE!

 photo 76608daa-0984-4f0f-837f-18f6de090bff_zps4b4e22a6.jpg

Turquoise is one of my favorite colors to paint...just LOVE the vintage look!
You can find my home made chalk-like paint recipe HERE.

 photo DSC_03341_zpsd37aaba9.jpg

Lovin' the chippy, peely...worn look!

 photo DSC_03351_zps95e79662.jpg

Original hardware...cleaned them up and put them right back on as-is!

 photo DSC_03411_zpsd85dab67.jpg

 photo DSC_03361_zps08a83d21.jpg

Sleek little legs...

 photo DSC_03381_zpseabc5b55.jpg


 photo a62e8576-afc5-4ef7-96b8-d14d9ae67460_zps73ccb042.jpg

With two deep and wide (in my best Sunday School singing voice) drawers
and two good sized cabinets on the ends...Kristen will have plenty of room to store things!

I hope you are having a fabulous week!  Come back later this evening for a COOL surprise!!

Love & Junk~
Julie

Linking up to & ParTYinG with:

MONDAY:
TUESDAY:
WEDNESDAY:
THURSDAY:
FRIDAY:
SATURDAY:
www.funkyjunkinteriors.blogspot.com    www.thriftydecorchick.com   www.bedifferentactnormal.com
SUNDAY:


32 comments:

  1. This looks awesome! I love the color :) I found your blog via Ginger Snap Crafts.

    Hilary
    www.youngtexanmama.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hilary...thanks for your sweet words and the follow!

      Checking out your blog now...

      Julie

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous! Love the color and distressing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Makes me want to go furniture hunting. I'm one of the other co-hosts for the #biggestlinkpartyever at Ginger Snap Crafts, so I thought I'd stop by and say "hi". I love your Etsy shop too by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! It has great lines and I love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks great! I think you did a wonderful job :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is beautiful! You are really talented.

    Just dropping by from the #UBP13. You have a terrific blog

    here. Looking forward to getting to know you better! I hope you

    find the time to stop by my site. Have a wonderful weekend!

    http://www.thehealthymoms.net/2013/04/the-ultimate-blog-party-

    2013-welcome-to.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...I will head your way in a bit...

      Delete
  7. Great color. The buffet itself has great lines & I love the hardware! What a lucky find.
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarah! Yes...lucky, and my friend Kristen LOVES it in her home! (I would have loved it in mine, too!)

      Julie

      Delete
  8. What a vivid pop of modern color!
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this buffet! The shape of it is so modern and I think you did an awesome paint job! Don't you just love when the original hardware cleans up and you can use it?? Double score! I just found your blog through a link party and am your newest follower! If you ever have time come check out mine!

    -Peggy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Peggy! Yes...I LOVE original hardware. Thank you for the follow...headed your way now!

      Julie

      Delete
  10. You HAVE been lucky! I just buffet makeovers and they are in such demand! You did a beautiful job with this one! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I appreciate your sweet words :)

      Julie

      Delete
  11. This is gorgeous! Love the color, too! Stopping by from High Heels and Grills.
    Have a great day!
    Gloria and Julia @ resourcefulgals.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for linking to Take-A-Look Tuesday over at Sugar Bee Crafts - you were featured today!
    --Mandy, www.SugarBeeCrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty! Love that color! (coming over from that DIY party)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julia...and thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  14. Turquoise is my new favorite color! This looks great! Pinned from the blitzed on Pinterest party,
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete