Friday, August 2, 2013

Furniture Friday...Cottage White Dresser

Solid Dresser.
Beautiful design.
Boring brown wood.
Paint to the rescue!


I found this nice, well built dresser at a local yard sale...


and a friend of mine spotted it for her sister.
It was sold before I had it unloaded!


The nice thing about that...my customer got to choose her color!


Love all that original hardware.


She asked for an off white...and said she "loved heavy distressing."
Right on!  Music to this mom's ears!!
(Worked some stress out on this dresser!)


I couldn't move this by myself...so, check out the junk behind it!


I cleaned the dresser up, put one coat of primer...and two coats of an off white paint.

Then...I distressed the heck out of it...customer request, right?


I finished it with a coat of wax, working it in with a clean rag and buffing it a few minutes later.


Of course now, the black dresser in my girl's room (almost identical to this one)...
is going to look like this by next week!

Which means the black nightstand and black crib...need paint, too!

I hope you have a great Friday and a wonderful weekend!

Julie

Linking up to and ParTYinG with:

MONDAY:
TUESDAY:
WEDNESDAY:
THURSDAY:
FRIDAY:
SATURDAY:
www.funkyjunkinteriors.blogspot.com    www.thriftydecorchick.com   www.bedifferentactnormal.com
SUNDAY:

8 comments:

  1. love it !!! I need to get started on our bedroom furniture :) thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning, Julie! I love the distressed edges on the drawers- it looks so pretty with white. Makes me want to paint my dresser like this!
    Krista

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Krista! I love white...fresh, clean...and goes with everything!

      Delete
  3. You do such a great job at painting furniture!! This piece is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dresser turned out fantastic Julie!!

    xo, Tanya

    ReplyDelete