Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Transformation Tuesday...Drop Leaf Table Saved from the Burn Pile

I normally do not keep everything...really, I don't.  My husband is pretty good about reminding me that I don't need to keep everything.  Some things you just can't let go!

I have been wanting to find a different dining set for a while now.  I love the farmhouse style of a wood top with a creamy white bottom.  It has taken years...but, I finally stumbled on the right one.

 photo 31a53206-f6f2-4a05-9d99-5a2cfc819c10_zpsed9060d9.jpg

The sunlight from our sliding glass door is perfect lighting for brightening 
up this little corner of our living room.  Yep, you read that right...our dining table is in the 
back corner of our living room.  This farmhouse doesn't have a formal dining room...
no problem for me...I made one!

 photo 44de920a-9bea-4d8b-9ad4-fa703f5998c9_zps73d758ab.jpg

LOVE her legs...

This was another yard sale find...hidden deep in the backyard.  Though, they had really nice woodworking tools and my husband found some things he needed for his shop...I was coming up empty.  Until...the homeowner said "Well, you may like this table in the backyard." 
 Yes, yes I DO like this table!  


They said they were just going to throw THIS table in the burn pile! OUCH!


I brought her home...cleaned her up...


Another one that I think I HAVE to keep..our black pedestal dining set is now for sale!


I am headed to a friend's house hopefully tomorrow for chairs she said will just need a little TLC.  
I can do that.  
That antique piano bench was a birthday gift to me from my mom on my 18th birthday...I think?  
Isn't it cute?  As soon as I have a minute (ha!) I am going to paint the bench the creamy white.
My little make shift "dining room" is starting to come together!

 photo 31a53206-f6f2-4a05-9d99-5a2cfc819c10_zpsed9060d9.jpg

Here are the chairs I found for ($20!  Real Wood...all 4!) the table now.

 photo 7013bd75-fae9-4b34-8548-d80a766b9248_zpse25ca421.jpg

I just LOVE this table for so many reasons.
Most importantly...it gives us more room.
This table fits our Farmhouse Style.
I LOVE that I can use the piano bench my mom bought me...the girls love to sit there!

 photo 7ec54e8d-485b-4b29-a938-c5868efae985_zpsef13aa24.jpg

I am off to finish a buffet for a girl friend of mine in TURQUOISE!!!  
Can't wait to show you next week...

Come back TOMORROW for a FABULOUS Linky Party co-hosted by ME with Stacey from 
you WILL NOT want to miss this!!!!!



Love & Junk~
Julie

Linking up to and PartYinG with:


MONDAY:
TUESDAY:
WEDNESDAY:
THURSDAY:
FRIDAY:
SATURDAY:
SUNDAY:
www.iheartnaptime.net  www.diyshowoff.com  www.niftythriftythings.com     www.findingsilverpennies.com
  

29 comments:

  1. It looks so great! I have never seen legs like this before on a table! Still can't believe they were gonna burn it!

    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I will post again as soon as I refinish my other set of chairs and this bench to match.

    Have a great day!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you rescued this table from the burn pile! It's so true.. One person's trash is another's treasure! Saw your post over @ Someday Crafts. Would love for you to visit me sometime @ www.crosson5.blogspot.com. Looking forward to following your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cathy!!! I am glad I saved this table...we love her already!

      I will hop on over and check you out!

      Julie

      Delete
  4. Oh how I adore your table! It turned out fabulous. Thanx for sharing at THT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great table! I can't believe that was going to the "burn" pile! So glad you were able to save it! Life to the full, Melissa @ DaisyMaeBelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...when they said burn pile...I thought "WHAT?" Thanks for stopping by!
      Julie

      Delete
  6. I can see why you are keeping this one! Love the white with the stained top... so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...I just fell in LOVE with her! This table allows us to use an antique piano bench my mom bought me years ago...and I love that about it!

      Delete
  7. I have a friend whose husband has a burn pile. He likes to tell us scary stories of what he has burned back in the days before we raided it. Old doors, windows, and primitive benches! I am glad you were able to save this one from the dreaded pyre!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Turned out very nice! I love that style table! You did a great job! Found you on Give Me The Goods Monday and will be following you!
    Selene @ Restoration Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Selene!!! So glad you stopped by...I have hopped over to your site(s) as well!

      Delete
  9. Beautiful! So glad you were able to save her and restore her glory.
    I visiting from Monday Funday. I hope you can stop by my blog and leave a comment and Link Up!
    ~ Megin of VMG206
    www.vmg206.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've said it once and will say it again: This table is gorgeous! LOVE those legs!

    Thanks so much for linking up at Give Me The Goods Monday! Can't wait to see what you link up next week!

    Jenna @ Rain on a Tin Roof

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love farm house tables! those legs are so pretty. I found your through someday crafts, your newest follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rita!
      Thank you for the follow!! I fell in love with this table and had to keep her!

      Have a great week!
      Julie

      Delete
  12. Great table!! Do you happen to remember which creamy white color you used? I am going to paint my table but can't decide on a color.

    Just wanted to stop from Mady by you Mondays

    Mandy @ The Hankful House

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mandy!

      Thank you...yes, this color is my Annie Sloan Old White. I emptied my can on this one. But, a close match is "Do It Best Antique White." Home Depot can match that...I am going to get a gallon of that and make my own chalk paint...you can find the recipe for that on my blog (put in search.)

      Thanks!
      Julie

      Delete
  13. Julie - this looks so lovely. I love the wood and the white. Would love you to share at my link party if you have a chance: http://www.findingsilverpennies.com/2013/03/silver-pennies-sundays-link-party_24.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, Danielle...I will link up in a bit!

      Julie

      Delete
    2. So glad you stopped by and shared it! So pretty.

      Delete
  14. Gorgeous table! Easter greetings from Australia♥ ~Pernilla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Pernilla!

      Happy Easter to you, too!

      Julie

      Delete
  15. Great save!!!!! Looks cozy! New follow http://www.sewsweetvintage.com/2013/03/vintage-popcorn-chenille.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the follow...have a great Easter!

      Julie

      Delete