Thursday, July 4, 2013

This Ol House Thursday...Home Of The Brave!

Happy Independence Day!!!



The 4th of July is definitely about more than just fireworks and a great backyard BBQ.
We are celebrating our nation's independence and the
WONDERFUL feeling of pride that we all have as Americans!

I was SO very blessed to have some wonderful elementary teachers in school.
One, Mrs. Mott (my mom really wanted me to have her) was very patriotic.

Every morning started the same...honoring our country with the flag salute and a patriotic song.
This wasn't just a "routine," we all became the most patriotic students our school had seen!

I was lucky enough to have Mrs. Mott in 3rd grade, 5th grade and then she was my master teacher as I went through the teacher credentialing program.
Needless to say...she is a big part of my life!
"Barb" as I call her now...is a close family friend, and we love her dearly!

This song was one of my favorites in her class...she used to really sing it from the heart!
I thought I would spare you from a youtube video of me singing the sound of me skinning a cat,
and choose beautiful pictures to these powerful words!


America, The Beautiful

O beautiful for spacious skies,



For amber waves of grain,



For purple mountain majesties



Above the fruited plain!



America! America! God shed His grace on thee,




And crown thy good with brotherhood



From sea to shining sea!




I hope you are having a wonderful 4th of July filled with family, friends...and a grateful heart!

Love & Junk~

Julie

MONDAY:
TUESDAY:
WEDNESDAY:
THURSDAY:
FRIDAY:
SATURDAY:
www.funkyjunkinteriors.blogspot.com    www.thriftydecorchick.com   www.bedifferentactnormal.com
SUNDAY:





No comments:

Post a Comment