Thursday, November 22, 2012

Well, I was on a roll....UNTIL MY NEW LAPTOP DIED!!!!! About a month ago, my dinosaur of a laptop died. No problem. I had her for about 7 years...she did her job. So, I happily purchased a new one and was going along just fine until I was having problems with Windows 8. UGH!!! So, a couple days later...and I finally have a new laptop with Windows 7 and NO PROBLEMS!!! So, I missed a couple of days but...I was super busy filling orders before the Thanksgiving holiday. I LOVE Thanksgiving. I am not sure if it is the family, the food or just the feel of it??? It has to be all three. I thought I would share with you this morning, a little bit about my family. I have a fabulous family. My mom and dad are hard working people who have built there own business from the ground up. My parents both, work very hard and I have always admired that. Growing up in a hard working household, always made me want my own business as well. I have one sister, who is married and I finally have a brother...in law! She is a labor and delivery nurse. Let me tell you how comforting it was both times delivering babies (WITHOUT an epidural, thank you!) to have your sister the L&D nurse there double checking every move.
My husband and I just celebrated our 5 year anniversary on November 17th...hard to believe.
He is a third generation dairy farmer and we are lucky to live right on the dairy. Living on the dairy is a fabulous way to raise children.
We have two girls, our oldest is almost 4 and the youngest just turned 1. We spend our days walking on the dairy, checking in the maternity barn for newborn calves and visiting with the milkers in the barn. It is definitely a fun way of life. Finding the time to paint and sew can be challenging with two little ones. When our oldest is in preschool, the baby takes a pretty good morning nap. That is when I knock a lot of it out. There is not enough time in the day. Well, it is time for me to head back into the kitchen and finish up our Thanksgiving treats. I hope all of you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!! Love and Junk- Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment