Thursday, May 2, 2013

This Ol' House Thursday...Plan B For Our Room Floor Makeover

Okay...so, now that I am DONE (insert "Happy, Happy, Happy" dance here) with TWO back to back shows...it is time for a little "work" around here!

And by work...I mean a little fun with some home improvement projects (insert husband running here!)

Let's start with our bedroom...
 photo 9ae0c378-bb5e-405d-b01a-7ed4b6b684b1_zps83127b70.jpg

You may have seen the MANY transformations our master bedroom has seen...
if you missed it, CLICK HERE.

We originally thought we would rip up this carpet (I HATE it) in our room, and install the tile we have left over from the rest of the house.

BUT...I LOVE change...and like to try something different.

So...I will be ripping this carpet out and staining the cement!!  This will give
me the opportunity to try something new AND we will be saving money (as this is something I can do!)

I have pinned some pictures for tips and inspiration to my Pinterest Board...take a look!

LOVE this one...oh, and those doors?  I think I need those, too!
Stained Cement Design, Pictures, Remodel, Decor and Ideas - page 3

My husband warned me...the floor was not "perfect" underneath.  
Um...that is EXACTLY what I want...flaws.  I LOVE flaws!

dark stained concrete floor - Google Search

Cement floor staining

Stained cement floors (good idea for our basement)

I am a TOTAL rookie when it comes to this...so, if I can survive this...you can, too!

The last few days I have really been reading and researching...I am off to get my materials this morning.
Before and "Happily Ever Afters" to come sooner than later...I hope!

I hope you have a great day!!

Love & Junk~
Julie

MONDAY:
TUESDAY:
WEDNESDAY:
THURSDAY:
FRIDAY:
SATURDAY:
www.funkyjunkinteriors.blogspot.com    www.thriftydecorchick.com   www.bedifferentactnormal.com
SUNDAY:
www.iheartnaptime.net  www.diyshowoff.com  www.niftythriftythings.com     www.findingsilverpennies.com




2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see your results! We are planning in ripping up laminate flooring and staining our floors too! We have stamped concrete in the entry/laundry/bath that I might test it on...are you doing acid stain? Or semi transparent?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, fun...I can't wait to see your results, too! We will be doing the acid stain...my dad has done that process before and I LOVE the outcome in his shop.

      Have a great week!

      Julie

      Delete